Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A season's pleading

I'm dreaming of a funded Christmas
Just like my mentors used to know
Where the pipets bustle
and post-docs hustle
To make everybody’s CV grow.

I'm striving for a grant this Xmas
With all the versions that I write
May my pleas be cogent and keen
So perchance my Christmas might be green!


Beautiful white Christmas.  (telegraph.co.uk)













Oh, the funding prospects are frightful
But I hope my grant’s delightful
And without a job I can go to:

Make it through! Make it through! Make it through!

It doesn't show signs of stopping
Though all our careers are dropping
The lights are turned way down, too:
Make it through! Make it through! Make it through!


The fire of hope is dying
And my opportunities flying
So with odds below point 0-two:
Make it through! Make it through! Make it through!

No comments: